Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Zucchini Pizza.......who needs crust when you can use zucchini!!!!!

I <3 pizza.....but living a healthier eating lifestyle....pizza isn't exactly on the menu. But did I mention I LOVE PIZZA????? So I got to thinking.......how can I have pizza without having pizza??? I already have the most amazing wonderful delicious recipe for marinara sauce. Then I thought what could be my crust substitution?? Well, I was looking through the frig and I had bought the Trader Joe's giant pack of organic zucchini......there's like 50 pieces of zucchini in there. (Ok maybe I slightly over exaggerated) Seriously there is probably like 10 pieces.

That's when I got the idea to use it for the base of my pizza. Um.....I think it's kinda genius!! Ok Ok.....so I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of it......but if Ive never seen it then it doesn't exist.........right???? That's what I thought!!

5 good sized zucchini's, washed
1 cup marinara sauce, jarred or homemade
1 cup shredded mozzarella
pepperoni, salami, sausage, mushrooms, olives or any other topping you like

Preheat oven to 450. Cut off ends of zucchini and slice long ways into 4 pieces. Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Lay flat on pan. Spoon about 1 T of sauce over each zucchini until entire slice is covered. Sprinkle with approx 1-2 T of mozzarella. Top with any toppings you like or none at all. I had salami so I used that. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until brown and bubbly!! Serve, but be careful not to burn your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment