Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, November 7, 2011

Lady Bug Cake and Cupcakes....so cute!!






This weekend was my friends daughters first birthday. I consider myself to be her Auntie Grandma!! I consider myself too young to be a grandma....so I threw the Auntie in front of it to 'young' it up a bit!! I just love me some Bailey Grace....she is just a cutie with a great personality and the cutest face ever!!! Although I don't want it to happen anytime soon.....I cant wait to be a grandma!! Shhh.....don't tell anyone I said that!!

The above pic is of Bailey's own personal cake. I stacked to 8" rounds and cut and shaped it to look like a lady bug. Then I frosted it with butter cream and used fondant for the face and spots. For the cupcakes I didn't do anything special really. Just made the cupcakes and butter cream (homemade of course) and then I made mini fondant pink lady bugs to top each cup cake with. All I did for those was roll a ball of pink fondant for the body and a way smaller ball of black fondant for the face. I made a line down the center of the 'back' and used a tooth pick to dot on the black spots.





I thought they turned out super cute but very simple!! And it wasn't even hard to make the lady bug cake.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete