Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Paleo 'Ranch' Dressing

Ok, first I made homemade BBQ sauce which is also Paleo friendly because Ive been craving BBQ chicken!! That turned out d-licious!! Then when I was getting the rest of my sides ready to serve with my BBQ chicken (asparagus and green salad) I was really really craving ranch dressing!! So I started thinking....there has to be a way to make ranch dressing. I started throwing things in an jar that has a good sealing lid so I could shake it and this is what I came up with. I wouldn't say its an exact replica to ranch....but I would say that it can definitely cure your ranch blues!!

*Beware....these are not exact directions that I used.....I tried to keep track of what I did, but I didn't measure anything so these are my approximations  ;O)

1/4 cup of homemade Paleo mayo you can use any recipe you want I used this one!
1/4 cup coconut milk (from can)
2 T red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, grated on micro plane or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/8 tsp salt or as much or as little as you like
1/2 T dijon mustard
3 dashes of franks hot sauce

Put all ingredients into a jar or container with a well sealing lid and shake the snot out of it!! Refrigerate for about an hour before serving for best results. The coloring might be a little yellower than ranch but if you are looking for that 'creamy' salad dressing.....you've come to the right place. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment